我把文字節錄了下來,並將它翻成中文,順便練練語文,
若翻譯上有不對的地方,可以跟我說,也請多多包涵喔~
The Gift of Forgiveness 寬恕的禮物
來自 written and produced by Humanity Healing Network
Forgiveness is a Gift we give ourselves.
寬恕是我們給自己的禮物
"To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.
~Lewis B. Smedes
寬恕是讓失去自由的人重獲自由,並且發現那個失去自由的人就是你。
Most of us carry around anger, resentment, jealousy. or some other negative emotion directed to others.
我們大部分的人都攜帶著憤怒、怨恨、嫉妒或對他人的一些負面的情緒。
Some of these have been around for years or are directed towards someone no longer in your life.
或許有些人早已就不在你的生活中,而那些情緒依然還跟著你好多年。
All those negative emotions hang around your neck and weigh you down.
這所有的負面情緒就纏掛在你的脖子上,並將你壓得低沉。
Unless dealt with, they will eventually start to broadly affect the quality of your life and that of those around you.
若不面對,他們終將會開始廣泛的影響你的生活品質以及在你周遭的一切。
Love. Compassion and the other higher vibrational emotions are constrained by the baser ones.
愛、慈悲和其他較高振動的情緒就會被這些低劣的情緒抑制住。
We cannot fly if we are chained down
若我們被此束縛住,我們就無法飛翔。
"When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free."~Catherine Ponder
當你對他人有怨恨,你就與那個人有了束縛或處在一種強於鋼鐵般的情緒連結狀態下。寬恕是唯一可以消融那樣的連結並獲得自由的方式。
It is easy to identify the big heavy chains from major emotional traumas in our lives.
那些來自我們生活上主要的情緒創傷之沉重鎖鍊是容易辨識的。
What is less easy to see is how the fine threads of everyday frustrations join together like strands in a rope.
較難注意到的是,那些日常的挫折有如細微絲線,彼此交錯,像是糾結的繩子般。
Forgiveness is the act of unchaining yourself from thoughts and feelings that bind you to an offense, imagined or real,committed against you.
那些針對你,無論是想像或真實上被冒犯的想法與感覺,綑綁著你,而寬恕則是能將你從中釋放的行徑。
It is a commitment to a process of growth and change.
它是成長與改變過程中的承諾。
Forgiveness is a creative act.
寬恕是一種創造性的行為。
It changes us from prisoners of the past.
它讓我們從過去的失去自由者中改變。
We become liberated people at peace with our memories.
我們變成從過去的記憶中釋懷,在平靜中重獲自由。
There is no future in the past.
活在過去就沒有未來。
The first step is to recognize the value of forgiveness and the positive impact it can have in our lives.
首先要辨識出寬恕的價值,以及它為我們的生活所帶來的正向影響。
When we forgive, we release the control and power of the offending person, and stop playing the victim.
當我們寬恕,我們就掙脫了冒犯者的勢力與控制,並停止繼續扮演受害者。
We no longer define our lives by how we have been hurt and instead, define ourselves by how we have grown.
我們不再拿過往的傷害來限定我們的生活,反之,我們會藉由自我的成長來看待自己。
"Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were."~Cherie Carter-Scott
生氣會使你變得更小,然而寬恕會迫使你成長,超越你原本的樣子。
Life either expands or contracts in direct proportion to your courage to forgive.
生命的擴展或縮小在於你勇於給出多少程度的寬恕。
Forgiveness is the most important single process that bring peace and harmony to our life.
寬恕是為我們的生活帶來平靜與和諧最重要的單一過程。
Forgiveness has two parts.
The lesser part is to release others.
The greater part is to forgive yourself for allowing yourself to be bound to negative emotions.
寬恕有兩個部分:
較少的部分是在釋放他人。
最大的部分則是在原諒自己,允許自己從負向的情緒中躍出。
Only when we unchain ourselves can we fly
唯有當我們釋放自己時,我們才能飛翔。
"To err is human, to forgive divine."~William Shakespeare
犯錯是人性,寬恕是神性。
Forgiveness is not only a gift we give to others.
寬恕不只是我們給別人的禮物。
Forgiveness is a gift we give to ourselves.
寬恕也是我們給自己的禮物。
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."~Mahatma Gandhi
軟弱的人無法寬恕。寬恕是強者的特質。
文章定位: