<I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)>
By Meat Loaf(Bat out of Hell II: Back into Hell(1993)
這位歌手剛接觸不久
但肯定未來會非常喜愛的
匿名<肉塊>的Marvin Lee Aday
深深覺得
是樂壇中的李太白
此曲編曲上
從一開始鏗鏘急促的吉他及鋼琴聲
持續2分多鐘後
慢慢轉出蒼涼的嗓音
這首華麗的歌曲便開始了
宛如史詩般的繁複樂曲(前奏約2分鐘,整首則有12分鐘多)
聽起來很動魄
而歌的創作背景
Meat Loaf把自己化作一位吸血鬼
住在古堡中
偶然遇見一位女子之後
吸血鬼嚐到了愛情滋味
但也一步一步走入毀滅的天堂
很美的音樂
曲點(這首歌實在太長,翻譯起來是件不容易的事,所以可能不盡完美。
特別謝謝姵穎,在譯詞上幫了我很多忙)
And I would do anything for love, I'd run right into hell and back
我可以為愛赴湯蹈火,我穿越地獄深淵,而後返抵人間
I would do anything for love, I'll never lie to you and that's a fact
我可以為愛赴湯蹈火,我不會對妳撒謊,真的
But I'll never forget the way you feel right now, oh no, no way
我永遠不會忘記妳所帶給我的感受,喔不,不可能的
And I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no I won't do that
我可以為愛赴湯蹈火,除了要忘記妳,不,我不會的
Anything for love, oh I would do anything for love
任何為愛的犧牲,喔,我可以為愛赴湯蹈火
I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no I won't do that
我可以為愛赴湯蹈火,除了要忘記妳,不,我不會的
Some days it don't come easy, and some days it don't come hard
有些日子並不是那麼好過,但有些日子也不至於難以忍受
Some days it don't come at all, and these are the days that never end
那些期待的日子好像永遠不會來到,而這種期待的日子也好像永遠不會結束
Some nights you're breathing fire, and some nights you're carved in ice
有些夜晚妳熱情如火,有時卻冷如冰霜
Some nights you're like nothing I've ever seen before or will again
有些夜晚妳看起來是如此縹緲,那是我不曾看過,未來也不會再看到的
Maybe I'm crazy, but it's crazy and it's true
或許我已經瘋了,但這份瘋狂卻也是萬分不假
I know you can save me, no one else can save me now but you
我知道妳是我的救贖,除了妳,現在沒有任何人能救我
As long as the planets are turning, as long as the stars are burning
只要星球一直轉動,只要辰星不停閃爍
As long as your dreams are coming true, you better believe it
只要...願望慢慢實現,妳最好相信它
That I would do anything for love, and I'll be there til the final act
相信我將為愛赴湯蹈火,直到曲終人散,我仍一直會在
I would do anything for love, and I'll take a vow and seal a pact
我將為愛赴湯蹈火,我可以立下誓言,並且永遠遵守誓言
But I'll never forgive myself if we don't go all the way tonight
但我永遠不會原諒我自己,如果我們今晚不盡情享受
And I would do anything for love, oh I would do anything for love
我可以為愛赴湯蹈火,喔我可以為愛赴湯蹈火
Oh I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no I won't do that
喔我可以為愛赴湯蹈火,但我不會原諒我自己,不,我不會
I would do anything for love, anything you've been dreaming of
But I just won't do that
我可以為妳做任何事,任何妳曾經渴望的,除了那件事
Some days I pray for silence, and somedays I pray for soul
有些日子我祈求平靜,有些日子我卻祈求熱情
Some days I just pray to the God of Sex and Drums and Rock 'N Roll
有些日子我只向上帝懇求性愛、爵士鼓和搖滾樂
Some nights I lose the feeling, and some nights I lose control
有些夜晚我失去激情,而有些夜晚,我卻興奮難耐
Some nights I just lose it all when I watch you dance and the thunder rolls
有些夜晚我幾乎迷失所有,當我看見妳的舞步時,彷如雷聲隆隆
Maybe I'm lonely and that's all I'm qualified to be
或許我註定著孤獨,孤獨是我應得的
There's just one and only, the one and only promise I can keep
但有一個承諾,一個我可以擁有的唯一承諾,就在那裡
As long as the wheels are turning, as long as the fires are burning
只要命運之輪仍然轉動,只要生命之火依舊燃燒
As long as your prayers are coming true, you better believe it
只要祈禱逐漸實現,妳最好相信它
That I would do anything for love, and you know it's true and that's a fact
相信我可以為愛赴湯蹈火,而妳會明白這一切都是真的
I would do anything for love, and there'll never be no turning back
我將為愛赴湯蹈火,沒有任何事物可以阻擋
But I'll never do it better than I do it with you, so long, so long
但不與妳攜手相伴的話,我什麼也做不好,很久以後,還是會這樣的
And I would do anything for love, oh I would do anything for love
我將為愛赴湯蹈火,喔我可以為愛赴湯蹈火
I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no no no I won't do that
我可以為愛赴湯蹈火,但不與妳攜手相伴的話,我什麼也做不好,不不不,做不好的
I would do anything for love, anything you've been dreaming of
But I just won't do that
我將為妳做任何事,任何妳曾經渴望的,但除了那件事
But I'll never stop dreaming of you every night of my life, no way
在我生命中的每個夜晚我不曾停止對妳的想望,不曾的
And I would do anything for love, oh I would do anything for love
我將為愛赴湯蹈火,喔我可以為愛赴湯蹈火
oh I would do anything for love
But I won't do that No I won't do that
喔,我將為愛赴湯蹈火,除了停止想妳,不,我不會的
Will you raise me up, will you help me down?
你願意將我帶到至高之地,然後又輕輕地扶我下來嗎?
Will you get me right out of this Godforsaken town?
你願意帶我逃離這座上帝遺棄的城市嗎?
Will you make it all a little less cold?
你願意使我的一切不再寒冷嗎?
I can do that! oh I can do that!
我願意,喔,我願意的
Will you hold me sacred? Will you hold me tight?
你願意保護我嗎?你願意緊緊抱著我嗎?
Can you colorize my life, I'm so sick of black and white?
你願意在我生命中填上色彩嗎?我是如此厭倦只有黑與白的世界
Can you make it all a little less old?
你願意使我的一切不再頹老衰敗嗎?
I can do that! Oh oh, now I can do that!
我願意,喔,我願意的
Will you make me some magic, with your own two hands?
你願意用你的雙手與我展現那神奇的奧妙嗎?
Can you build an emerald city with these grains of sand?
你願意化腐朽為神奇般用麥穀和沙粒建造一座綠寶石城市嗎?
Can you give me something I can take home?
你願意交付部份於我,讓我能保存於心嗎?
I can do that! Oh oh now, I can do that!
我願意,喔,我願意的
Will you cater to every fantasy I got?
你願意接受我所有的狂想嗎?
Will you hose me down with holy water, if I get too hot?
如果我顯得暴躁時,你願意用聖水撫慰我嗎?
Will you take me places I've never known?
你願意帶領我到那未知的地方嗎?
I can do that! Oh oh now, I can do that!
我願意,喔,我願意的
After a while you'll forget everything
但就在一瞬間,你將忘記一切
It was a brief interlude and a midsummer night's fling
一切只是短暫的幕曲,仲夏夜的一時放縱
And you'll see that it's time to move on
時光開始流逝,你會離開
I won't do that! No I won't do that!
我不會的,不,我不會離開的
I know the territory, I've been around
我知道事情會變成這樣,我都經歷過我知道事情會變怎麼樣,我都經歷過
It'll all turn to dust and we'll all fall down
一切都將成為灰燼,而我們會雙雙墮落
And sooner or later, you'll be screwing around
遲早,你會對周遭一切感到混亂
I won't do that! No I won't do that!
我不會,不,我不會的
Anything for love, oh I would do anything for love
為愛赴湯蹈火,喔,我可以為愛赴湯蹈火
I would do anything for love, but I won't do that, no I won't do that
我可以為愛赴湯蹈火,但我不會做那件事,不,我不會的
音樂轉自goear