這周末還要再去南達科塔州一次
I will visit South Dakota again this weekend !!!
可是已經跟大家說今天要寫下集了
but I promised you I will have new article this week
所以這禮拜去的其他景點只好再等到下周囉~
and with more spots I go this week will make one article too long anyway,
so guess there will be the third article about South Dakota
南達科塔州這麼大
such a big state of SD,
我只去黑丘那個區域就已經足夠寫三篇文章了
and it's fun enough to write 3 articles for just visit Black Hill area
所以真的很推薦大家多接近大自然
不要老是窩在冷氣房嘛~
so, walk out of AC room and have fun of nature, guys !!
首先要介紹上星期忘記一起擠在國家公園行列的惡地國家公園
first, I am going to talk about a place I forgot to put it with National Park last week,
the Badlands Natioanl Park
惡地國家公園據離黑丘地區最大城--拉皮德市 (翻譯超怪)只有大約一小時車程
Badlands National Park is only an hour away from the biggest city around Black Hill--
Rapid City
當慢慢開近惡地國家公園時
when getting close to the park
會看到周遭的景色開始變荒涼
you will notice the view become more....desert like
我男朋友說之所以稱惡地國家公園
my boyfriend said the reason why it called "badland"
是因為土質差到草木不生
is because it is too bad to grow anything
然後我就聯想到高雄月世界那塊
and that reminds me of the Moon like area in Kaohsiung
心裡想說"惡地這種地方台灣就有了阿"
and I'm like "there is place like this in Taiwan"
但他馬上接著說,雖然叫惡地,可是它的顏色很漂亮喔!
but then he said, there are different colors of the sandhill, it's pretty.
然後,就到了公園門口處
and we got to the entrance,
有趣的是,在我們左手邊還算是片草原
it is funny because the left hand side of a still look like a grass land
右手邊則完全是呈有點粉紅色(應該是因為近黃昏)的荒地耶
and right hand side is a little pinkish (might because of the sunset) desert land
跟大多國家公園一樣
like most of the national park,
惡地國家公園的入園費用也是一車15美金,期限也是7天
the fee is 15/ vehicle, valid 7 days
傑森說最佳時間就是黃昏
Jason said the best time to come is before sunset
因為夕陽會讓顏色更奪目
the red color of sunset will make the color of the sand more outstanding
這我是不知道啦
I am not sure about that
但是黃昏的時候真的挺美的
but it is pretty at that moment
夕陽很美,惡地很美,月亮也很美 :)
很多人就像後面兩位那樣爬上爬下= =
月亮出來了~
發現我那天衣服顏色也挺融入背景的
lovely sunset, pretty landscape, and moon~
大家可以先去官網看看照片
you guys can go to the website to check other pics
再來跟我說覺得黃昏時有沒有比較漂亮XD
then you can tell me if you think it is prettier at sunset
惡地的顏色是怎麼來的呢?
how does the color form??
數千萬年前這個區塊是片海洋(好像整個美國大西部都是,所以可以找到魚貝類化石)
75 million years ago or so, it was ocean here
(seems like the whole west of America was, so u can find fish or shell fossil)
最底下的沉積岩呈紅色
the Sedimentary rocks at the bottom is reddish
然後經過風吹雨打日曬雨淋氣候變化地行抬升等等過程
and day after day, year after year, with different climate at different enviroment
每個時期因為不同的氣候因素有不同顏色的沉積
it create different color when deposition was forming
之後再因為河流侵蝕切割出峽谷般的地貌
then, the Cheyenne River cut the form of Badlands about 500000 years ago
最終造就了多彩的美景
and it formed the beautiful, colorful place
(這個網頁詳細告訴你顏色怎麼來的喔~)
(this website tells you how it worked in detail)
這個叫做Yellow Mounds 的景點一定要停下來
因為這是顏色最豐富的一段
前陣子看到臉書上一張照片以為是惡地國家公園
結果是中國張掖的丹霞地貌
兩者好像緯度差不多(從谷歌地圖上看起來啦)
張掖好像是北緯38度;惡地國家公園則是北緯43度(?!)
難怪照片這麼像
跟赫赫有名的其他國家公園相比
since it is not the most popular national park
惡地顯得有點冷清
there are not many people in this park
而且很多人都直接爬到大石上
but still, a lot of them just climb up to the hill
也不知道到底是不是國家公園處允許還是擅自攀爬
I don't know if you are allowed to do it or not
總之還是不建議大家這樣做
but I don't think it is a good idea
除非有直接註明是供遊客攀爬的步道
unless it is a trail for tourists
不然大家還是要愛護自然景觀喔~
or we should learn how to love and protect the nature scene
千萬年才形成的景色禁不起我們的摧殘
it took million years to form, it is too delicate!!
在惡地國家公園可以看到這些完全不怕生的羊
and you will see goats in the park that they are not afraid of you at all
就停在牠旁邊牠還是可以很自在的吃草
even if you park right next to them
回程時發現羊通通不在路上了
on our way back, we didn't see any goats on the road
仰頭一看
全都不知道怎麼爬到頂了超強ㄟ!!
because they are all on the top of the hill
另外,在惡地國家公園如果你要健行,請小心響尾蛇!!!!
(這樣講誰還敢走阿= =)
oh, btw, beware of rattlesnake if you wanna hike
(who's gonna hike if they know there are rattlesnakes!!!!!!)
因為這次來訪的時間有點晚
it's kinda late when we visit
所以沒有一路開到遊客中心
so we didn't drive to the visitor center
下次有機會再去囉~
I guess we will save it for next time
然後就開往拉皮德城
after the park, we are on our way to Rapid City
這個城市是因為掏金熱潮而建的
the city was built because of gold rush
雖然現在已經沒有掏金熱了
even though there is no more gold mining going one
但因為鄰近城市斯特吉斯(Sturgis)每年一度的重機(還有很多廠牌的肌肉車)團圓(拉力賽?!)
the city still grows bigger and bigger because of the motorcycle rally
and different car rally (like Camaro rally !!!!!!!!!!!) in Sturgis
拉皮德城也越來越大
因時間有限,我們挑了兩個拉皮德城的景點參觀
we have limited time the next day, so we only picked 2 places to stop
第一個是挪威式木造教堂 (Chapel in the Hills)
the first one is Chapel in the Hills, a Norwegian stave church
這個景點不用門票(接受捐款,不強制)
there is no admission for visiting (donation welcome tho)
根據志工的解說
according to what the volunteer said
禮品店小木屋是從挪威運來的喔!
the cabin of the gift shop was shipped from Norway
而小小博物館是由挪威人所建
and the tiny museum is built by Norwegian
教堂主體則是一座博爾貢木板教堂的複製品
The church is an exact replica of the Borgund stave church in Norway.
真正的挪威博爾貢木板教堂建於1150年,是被認為保存最完整的木造教堂喔
The real Borgund stavkirke was built around the year 1150 and is considered the most completely preserved stave church still standing in Norway.
很喜歡這個山林的感覺
I love the feeling around this hill
雖然旁邊就是一個社區(只有一條馬路之隔)
但這座教堂後面的樹林真的會讓人覺得很寧靜~
it is peace and quite even though it is only one block away from a community.
教堂也是開放參觀的
you can also walk into the church
裡面有錄音帶詳細解說關於教堂的種種
there is tape playing in the church tells you detail of this church
反正是個免費的景點
and it is a free spot,
大家不妨繞道去看看
so why not pay a visit if you are close??
另一個景點是昂貴的"熊的國度" (我真的不知道怎麼翻XD)
the other place we went is the most expensive during our stay in South Dakota
一個人是16美金
it cost 16 USD per person
全程不可下車,也不可以搖下窗戶
you cannot get out of the car, and cannot roll down the window
因為這個園區所有野生動物都可以在各自的區域內自由行動
because all the animals in here are free roaming
但是車窗顏色這麼深怎麼拍= =
but...how am I suppose to take good picture if the window is dark
所以所有人都還是把窗戶搖下來了
so...after seeing everyone roll down their window, I did it as well.
當然要視情況做行動
but, beware of the condition before you decide to do that
如果車窗旁就是一隻大黑熊,我相信你也不敢
I am sure you won't do that if there is a big black bear next to your window
本來是要去寵物農莊的
we were planning on visit pet farm
結果在途中從高速公路看就可以看大兩隻雄偉的大公鹿
but we saw 2 huge male elks on the highway
我男朋友立刻說他寧願花錢看大動物也不要去寵物農莊摸兔子驢子blah blah blah
so Jason said he would rather pay for giant animals then petting bunnies and donkeys
所以我們就改去熊的國度
so we went to Bear Country USA instead.
裡面不是只有熊喔
there are not only bears
還有狼,不同鹿種,狐狸,羊...等
but also wolves, elks, reindeer, foxes, buffalo....etc.
鹿角感覺超重
牠比那SUV還高~好漂亮喔
可以看到牠常常用角磨樹幹
這狼也太可愛了~好像狗 :)
老實說剛看完角鹿園區時有點緊張會不會整座園區也看不到幾隻動物
to be honest, I was kinda worry after passing the elk area, cuz I am afraid animals will be
hiding for a nap or sth.
結果證明我們大錯特錯
and the bears proved that I was totally wrong.
在黑熊區被困超久
cars go really slow in black bear zone
因為熊老大們超囂張阿
because they are really free roaming, and there are like more than 30 of them at least
過馬路沒在跟你停看聽
they will cross the road whenever they feel like it
有的就坐在路邊開始發呆吃草
and sit there day dreaming
還有好多睡在洞穴裡
some of them sleep in the cave!! how cute.
我最喜歡的是趴在樹上的熊
my favorite one is the one on the tree
超有少女情懷
looks like a little girl
憂鬱表情加上不時的晃晃大腳掌
seems melancholy and it shakes its cute furry big paw
太可愛了很想抓來抱!!!!
awwwwwwwwww~~~ I want to snuggle it lol
在離開園區之前還有寶寶區
before you leave the park, don't forget to stop at their babyland
有四隻活蹦亂跳的黑熊寶寶喔
there are 4 energetic black bear babies, and foxes babies...
別忘了去看看
如果你有去黃石公園
if you've been to Yellowstone
有看到熊但看得不過癮
and feel not enough for bear watching
或是根本沒看到熊
or you never see the bear
來這準沒錯
this is a right place to be.
there bears are more active than bears in most of the zoo
光是黑熊就有數十隻
and they have lots of black bears doing different things
而且不會躲起來喔 ~~
and will not hide away from u !
南達科塔州還有很多好玩的地方等著我這周末去發現
there are more places waiting for me to visit this weekend
請大家耐心等候
be patient
下星期大家就會看到了~
you guys will see that next week :)
謝謝耐心讀完
once again, thank you for your patience to read the whole article
還請繼續支持
and please keep follow me!
the encouragement from all of you is the motive to keep me writing !!
文章定位: